Don't Be A Statistic

Uncategorized Feb 04, 2019

This morning I was listening to my favorite podcast called The Quote of The Day Show and an alarming statistic was shared. 

I learned that most Americans give up on their New Years Resolutions by the 2nd week in February! That's only 6 weeks into the New Year. That's CRAZY! I mean how hard could they have put forth a valid effort in that short of a period before throwing in the towel?

Then I heard on a team call a few hours later that Super Bowl Sunday is the unhealthiest day of the year, worse than Thanksgiving or Christmas! What?? That means Americans consume massive unhealthy amounts of calories in 1 day.....just for a 3-hour football game??? 

Doesn't that kind of make you sick to your stomach getting these reality checks? 

This got me thinking that I do not want to allow myself to be stuck in a plateau where I'm unmotivated to work on my health and annual goals! I've been down that road before and it's not fun.

I will not be that person again, will you? 

That's why I'm so hell-bent on helping people understand that we can still enjoy life, even Super Bowl Sunday, but maintain a healthy balance.

We can also set goals in a more approachable, less intimidating way so that we aren't the ones giving up 6 weeks into the New Year. 

Are you with me?

Let me share with you my top tips for setting realistic goals and not allowing yourself to be just another stat! 

REALISTIC GOAL SETTING

When you focus on setting annual goals, they can be very intimidating to visualize accomplishing. After reading The 12 Week Year I realized that there is a much more simple approach to setting goals and working towards them. 

  1. Think about where you'd like to be in 3 years, write down a list of things you'd like to accomplish with your finances, health, adventures and family.  
  2. Then look at 2-3 goals you'd like to work on for 12 weeks and focus just on those main 2-3 goals. 
  3. You'll rate yourself weekly on your progress and set up a super effective time blocking system. This will help you focus on small action steps that will help you work towards that goal. 
  4. After the 12 weeks are up, you'll start the process all over again with 2-3 new goals.

You see, by the end of the year, you should have accomplished 8-12 goals by chunking them out in a more manageable and sustainable way. Plus the tracking system in the 12 Week Year model is very easy and keeps you on point! 

I encourage you to grab that book from Amazon and get to work!

BUSTING THROUGH PLATEAUS

I know that there are thousands of way to get into shape. There are too many options out there, that it can be paralyzing! 

You have to be careful of fad diets and overspending on fitness classes that provide no nutritional support. 

As you probably know 80% of your results are nutrition based, the other 20% are exercise based. 

What frustrates me is that I see so many people spend over $200 a month just on fitness classes while following a short-term fad diet. 

This is not sustainable due to time, money and short term results. 

So what's the solution? 

After my 20 years in the fitness industry, do you know what has proven to be the best way to get results and not hit a plateau? Support, accountability, and a realistic approach to fitness and clean eating that work around your schedule.

SO RATHER THAN.....

  • spending 1 hour at the gym (which doesn't include commuting, showering, waiting in line for equipment), you can exercise at home for 20-30 minutes a day.
  • trying to guess what you should eat and feeling like you have no support, you can join an online accountability group where you'll get everything you need (meal plan, fitness calendar, a coach like me, and a supportive community).
  • spending over $200 a month for a gym membership, sign up for a virtual gym that costs $8 a month and has thousands of workout programs and meal plans.

If you feel like you could benefit from all of the above, I can help! Did you know that's what I do as an online healthy lifestyle coach?

If you'd like to get help with creating a customized fitness plan, then CLICK HERE to get started!

I challenge you to not let yourself be another statistic! Live your best life by taking care of your health and achieving those goals that you've always dreamed about accomplishing. 


To Your Health and Happiness,
Kelly
kellyscottfitness.com

P.S. Be sure to join my private Facebook community, Stress Free and Balanced Life. I share tips on managing stress, exercise, nutrition, and much more! 

Did You Get Your FREE Meal Prep Guide?

If you're too busy to eat nutritiously, this free guide will help you make a plan on the best foods to eat, and help you track your progress so you can feel your best.

Click the button below to sign up right now!

SIGN ME UP!
Close

55% Complete

Where Can I Email Your Download?

Enter your first name and best email below.  Then check your inbox for your download link. ;)